Ever wonder what your students are experiencing abroad? Each year KEI arranges evaluation visits to our program locations so that study abroad administrators and academic faculty gain a better understanding of our programs. Participants have the opportunity to explore the host city and culture, tour the host university, observe classes, review housing options, meet with the KEI Onsite Director, engage with the host university professors and administrators, and speak with current students. Participating in a KEI evaluation visit will enable you to offer advice based on first-hand experience. You will be better equipped to decide which students will benefit from the program, and which options (courses, internships, etc.) are best suited for each student.
Upcoming evaluation visits
Evaluation visits are led by a KEI representative who has extensive knowledge of the host location and program. Most site visits last 7 to 10 days and include 2 to 3 program locations. Below are examples of past visits.
- EUROPE: Edinburgh, Scotland & London, England
Budget & travel grants
KEI subsidizes evaluation visits by providing:
- Double-occupancy accommodations (single occupancy is available for a fee)
- Group meals
- Organized group travel within the host countries
- Local transportation in the host country
- Orientation and pre-departure guides
- Cultural activities as specified in the itinerary, including entrance fees for organized field trips
- Airport welcome and transfers
Participants must budget for:
- International airfare *
- Visa, if required by the host country
- Non-group meals
- Personal expenses
* KEI Affiliated Institutions can apply for a KEI Travel Grant to help subsidize the cost of the visit. Travel grants range from $1,000 to $1,500 and awarded on a first-come basis.
We will be glad to provide you with a more detailed information about our upcoming program familiarization visits. Contact Eduard Mandell, KEI’s President & Managing Director, for more information.
Tel: 1.800.931.5095 ext. 3