Trimester & Academic Year
The trimester and academic year curriculum offers courses and internships. Courses are taught at Griffith University (GU), Nathan, Gold Coast and South Bank campuses. Internships are organized at various companies, NGOs and humanitarian organizations. Students can enroll in a maximum of 5 courses (18 credits) per trimester. Most courses and internships are the equivalent of 3 to 4 semester credits in the USA.
Courses & syllabi
Griffith University is a comprehensive institution of higher learning with thousands of courses on offer. Follow the steps below to search for courses and download syllabi (course profiles) from the Griffith course database. You can also follow the Griffith Course Guide, which is especially helpful for mobile users. Note that most courses at the South Bank campus have a tutorial fee, which ranges from $500 to $2000.
STEP 1: Open
- Open the Griffith Course Search page.
- Page opens in a new browser window/tab.
STEP 2: Filter
In the Refine results by section…
- Location… check Gold Coast, Nathan or South Bank. You must select the campus where you will be living. Students who select courses at the South Bank campus should live at Nathan since it is a shorter commute. Most students study at the Gold Coast Campus.
- Level of study… check Undergraduate or Graduate.
- Study mode… check Face to face and/or Mixed mode.
- Commencing… check Trimester 1 if you are studying during SPRING trimester, Trimester 2 if you are studying during FALL trimester, or Trimester 3 if you are studying during WINTER trimester.
STEP 3: Search
In the Find a Course field…
- Leave blank to view all courses offered during the selected Trimester. Note this will produce hundreds of results.
- Enter keywords to narrow results.
- Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
- Try different keywords to expand results.
- Try more general keywords to expand results.
- Try fewer keywords to expand results.
In the drop-down menu, select Courses.
Click the search button
STEP 4: Results
On the Results page…
- Click on the course title that best matches your query. This will take you to the Course Overview page.
On the Course Overview page…
- Scroll to the ABOUT THIS COURSE section.
- Click on the View course profiles link. This will take you to the Course Profile/Outline Search page.
On the Course Profile/Outline Search page…
- In the Teaching Period drop-down menu, confirm your term of study (Trimester 1, 2 or 3).
- Click the Find profiles/outlines button.
- Click the Full course profile link. This will take you to the Course Profile page.
- Note: If there is no course profile available, select the same Trimester but a different year from the Teaching Period menu.
STEP 5: Print/Save
The Course Profile (syllabus) page consists of multiple pages and sections.
- Click on the Print/Save link in the menu.
- Follow instructions to print or save the syllabus.
Community internships provide an opportunity for students to develop a range of professional and personal skills while making a difference in their community by combining volunteering with academic learning. Internships are a minimum of 50-hour and a maximum of 70 hours in addition to classroom time. The internship/volunteering activities are aligned with a structured academic program of learning that provides insight into the student’s role in the world and explores a range of issues that relate to improving a variety of community needs.
Students must submit a resume/CV and an internship statement with their KEI application materials. The internship statement must describe their general area of interest and what they want to achieve by participating in the internship. Students must enroll in the 3002LFC Community Internship course (download syllabus).
Placement is with organizations, schools, government departments and corporations engaged in not-for-profit community activities, and includes a wide range of professional disciplines, including but not limited to the following:
CREDIT & TRANSCRIPTS
Credit and transcripts for courses and internships issued by Griffith University (accredited in Australia) and Lincoln University (accredited in USA)
Griffith University (GU) is a top-ranked research institution. Griffith offers more than 300 undergraduate and graduate degrees in diverse academic disciplines on its five campuses. The University is validated by the Australian Ministry of Education. Griffith Business School is also accredited by AACSB.